Ten Elements Blues Band
This is an example of how a 10 elements Band can benefit from the use of Smart Organizer to arrange its rehearsals and concerts. We assume that you have already read the page Concepts and Terms and then you are familiar with the basics of Smart Organizer.
Imagine a Band formed by the following musicians:
- “Joliet” Jake Blues – lead vocals
- Elwood Blues – harmonica, backing vocals
- Donald “Duck” Dunn – bass guitar
- Steve “The Colonel” Cropper – guitar
- Matt “Guitar” Murphy – guitar
- Murphy Dunne – keyboards
- Willie “Too Big” Hall – drums
- Tom “Bones” Malone – trombone
- “Blue” Lou Marini – saxophone
- Alan “Mr Fabulous” Rubin – trumpet
Any Band needs to arrange rehearsals and live exhibitions, where every element must be present. Talking about 10 musicians, sometimes can be a tough task using usual means like telephone calls, e-mails, SMSs, social networks and so on, because one says or writes that “any day is ok for me“, another that “any day except Tuesday and Friday“, a third that “any day except Monday and Friday” …. a real mess !!!!
Let’s see how Smart Organizer simplifies everything.
Imagine that Jake subscribes Smart Organizer becoming a user and creates a group named “The Band” where he is the group master; all the other members of the Band subscribe our site becoming users too; then Jake adds each of them as members to the group “The Band”. The Organizer page of this group, seen as Jake logged in, looks like this:
Elwood proposes ( ) a rehearsal for May 5th, 6th or 8th, avoiding May 7th because Blue Lou had already marked it as maybe busy ( ):
Steve “The Colonel”, Matt “Guitar” Murphy and Mr. Fabulous mark as free ( ) some days:
Now it’s the turn of Murph, that marks as busy ( ) May 6th making it unusable for the group, marks free ( ) May 5th and 8th and proposes ( ) May 9th too for a rehearsal:
Then all the other members insert their marks, and in the end the day where all can be present is May 8th:
Then the rehearsal is arranged for Thursday May 8th !
Note how entering into the Organizer page of the group “The Band” a glance is enough to understand that on May 6th and 7th there are no arrangements for sure with the Band (the day is red), while on May 8th there is a rehearsal agreed (the day is green). Imagine to reach the same result using telephone calls, e-mails, SMSs or social networks …..
Note even the following advantages:
- each member of the Band can access the Organizer page in different moments without the need to interact directly with the others, and notify his/her availability or not and proposals;
- the Organizer page can be accessed anywhere there is an Internet connection available via a desktop computer, laptop computer, tablet, smartphone, and so on;
- for each day a row condensates all the necessary information intuitively presented, even eventual messages that can provide additional details if necessary;
(P.S.: we do confess that our team created this example inspiring to The Blues Brothers movie and its Band, an absolute cult for us 🙂 )